Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Scent of Paper Couture

Either I'm a day late and a dollar short or there is simply nothing new coming out in the way of paper couture that actually turns my head.

Andrea Maack paper dress 2009
To top it off, it would appear that in order to get attention with your paper garment you have to do something outrageous or work for Dior Couture before you get noticed.

line drawing pattern for dress
As near as I can determine, this dress was created in 2009 for a gallery exhibition introducing a new perfume called CraftAndrea Maack made a line drawing simulating muscle fiber which serves as the pattern for this paper dress.

Andrea Maack & Cedric Rivrain collaboration
Ha! You know I'm always up for a good design challenge and I say poppycock to big name association before fame so here's what I'll do. I'll assign myself the task of coming up with my own "high fashion" paper gown. Care to join me in that endeavor?

1 comment:

  1. Oooo!! Can't wait to see what you will come up with! So nice of you to visit Hun!!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete

Greetings!

Each and every comment adds a bit of cheer to my day. Thank you so much for popping over. I hope to see you again soon.

~Kellie