Sunday, December 11, 2011

How to Make a Collapsable Light Box II

Yesterday I attempted to make a collapsable light box using foam board and transparent duct tape. Needless to say that didn't turn out as well as I had hoped.

1 inch wide interlocking cuts similar to a puzzle piece
After a brief search I discovered Snickerdoodle Creations blog has a free, very nicely written tutorial with easy to follow illustrations called "how to make a collapsable photography light box."

pieces lock easily together & come apart for storage
Really, only the sides need to be interlocked since two uncut boards can be used as a top if you want one and a bottom that the box sets on top of.

foam boards reflecting lots of light already
Once you have your box constructed you can drape fabric or poster board down the back and bottom to create a seamless background. Look how light this looks even before lights are placed! Awesome!

look how good your cat would look
My little world traveler, Phoebe serves as my quality control on this project. Of course she was looking all over the place which is why her head is blurry. Have fun with your light box!

4 comments:

  1. Elaine,

    Thank you so much for the link on the previous post! I don't remember if I saw anything like that at the Home Depot location I shopped at but I think it is probably more like what I need. I should take back the ones I got and see if I can't find the lamps you provided a link to. Great tip!

    xoxo
    ~Kellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh! After looking again at the listing, the lamps are an "online exclusive" so that's why I did not find them in store. Well, guess I'll be ordering online then.

    xoxo
    ~Kellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elaine Allen (veallen6@optonline.net)December 11, 2011 at 6:01 PM

    Glad I could help Kellie. I only remembered because my husband has 2 of them he uses when he is working in the garage and needs extra lights. I'm not sure if they come in different sizes. You could always see if Lowe's sells them too.

    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful directions. That light box is wonderful!
    Love your kitty...definitely curious!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete

Greetings!

Each and every comment adds a bit of cheer to my day. Thank you so much for popping over. I hope to see you again soon.

~Kellie