Sunday, June 19, 2011

Distressed Edge Photoshop Brush

If you have ever wondered about how to add those fantastic distressed edges to your digital collages, I've got good news.  I found a tutorial called Ripped and Torn Edges and Stuff that describes step by step how to make a brush in Photoshop that you can use to simulate torn, distressed edges.

Vintage French Digital Collage

I've experimented with this brush in creating my own digital collages and just love the effect. I added some lines using the pencil tool to give the piece that aged, scratchy look. Try playing around with layer properties, line thickness and color to get your lines just right. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Love those edges!! Very cool and so beautiful!
    Hugging you
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete

Greetings!

Each and every comment adds a bit of cheer to my day. Thank you so much for popping over. I hope to see you again soon.

~Kellie