Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Artfest 2011 Part I

Artfest 2011 happened the week of April 6 - 10 this year out at Fort Worden in Port Townsend, WA. Imagine an old military base, 500 creative people and nothing but time to play with paint, clay, wood, wire, fibers and just about any other medium you can imagine. Ahhh! This is what I was meant for!

New Beginnings 5x7 Matted Print on Etsy
I spent Friday and Saturday learning to draw and paint pretty girl faces with Sunny Carvalho. If you aren't familiar with her work she does absolutely phenomenal eyes which is what originally drew me to her beautiful paintings.

Kell Belle Studio Original Drawing
I was amazed at how much my drawings could change with only a few minor changes to what I was already doing plus I learned a few other nifty tricks with the facial features that I will continue to incorporate into my work.

Kell Belle Studio Pretty Girl Original Drawing

Who would have thought that whimsical was only a matter of changing a few lines? Haha! I can't help but smile every time I look at this little girl. I want to thank Sunny for her generosity in sharing her knowledge with us at Artfest. She truly made my experience special not to mention fun, and informative.

3 comments:

  1. It was so thrilling for me to see your drawings and painting on your blog!! They look amazing! I am so glad you enjoyed the class, I truly enjoyed meeting you and having you there. I'm back in the studio today for the first time since I got back....I'm still so tired! Thank you for the shout-out on your blog. I'll be checking in...I can't wait to see what you do next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, it sounds like an amazing time. I am very happy you had the opportunity to attend. Your girl is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...THAT background!! LOL...that is a little backdrop that I built and covered with the leftover scraps of upholstery fabric from my couch! I have been using it for years. I often think I need to make a new one (maybe a little lighter) but that one is always sitting there ready to go!

    ReplyDelete

Greetings!

Each and every comment adds a bit of cheer to my day. Thank you so much for popping over. I hope to see you again soon.

~Kellie