Sunday, October 17, 2010

Seafoam and Popped Corn on the Walls

This past Friday I finally arrived at a definitive paint decision for the craft room. After typing in the phrase "blue green rooms" in a Google image search, I found tons of ideas for gorgeous looking rooms in juicy shades of blues and greens.

Aftermath of carpet and baseboard removal

So what colors did I ultimately choose? I had originally chosen and purchased two gallons of Seafoam Pearl at 50% color value which I took back to the Home Depot for them to darken to full color value. The trim and ceiling will be painted with something from the white family called Popped Corn which will warm up the cool blue-green color on the walls. Darkening the paint would allow for better contrast between the trim color and the wall color.

The blue green room aka Seafoam Pearl

So, yesterday morning at the ungodly hour of 4:30 a.m. I entered the room with paint roller and brush in hand. I was not able to finish before dad and brother Pat got there to install the floor but I am 100% happy with my paint choices. I can always blend the darker blues and lime green shades into the room using fabrics for window treatments and basket liners as well as using accent paint on furniture. Predicament solved! Looking at what I've done so far, I absolutely love the room.

3 comments:

  1. Kellie -

    I love this color! So beautiful and soothing, like tropical breezes. Beautiful! Can't wait to see the whole room completed. You've inspired me. I'm in my studio today starting to organize. Just working on organizing one of my work tables. Baby steps and maybe I'll get there - LOL!

    Hugs

    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elaine,

    Thank you for the words of encouragement. I appreciate it very much.

    Yaaaay! Baby steps are good. You'll get there! For me, I just get to a breaking point when I get so tired of the clutter that I have to do something about it. It makes such a difference on my state of mind, it's incredible!

    xoxo
    ~Kell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kellie, I love the color choice too! Its so pretty and energizing. (In a calm sort of way. lol) I cant wait to see it all done. The cats look happy and I know all to well, that is very important.
    Happy creating, (()) gail

    ReplyDelete

Greetings!

Each and every comment adds a bit of cheer to my day. Thank you so much for popping over. I hope to see you again soon.

~Kellie